Ross Keat (Partner)
He is the lead author of peer-reviewed publications and has presented work at both national and international conferences.
Rui Albuquerque (Co-ordinator)
He worked as a General Dental Practitioner (GDP) with a special interest in Oral Medicine in Portugal. On moving to England, he worked as a GDP in Eastbourne, as a Dental Officer in the Special Care Department in Brighton and Dartford/Lordswood and as Staff Grade in Oral Medicine at King’s College London. Since 2013 he has worked as an Academic Clinical Lecturer/Speciality Registrar in Oral Medicine at the School of Dentistry/Birmingham Dental Hospital for the University of Birmingham.
Angel Brandariz (Associate)
Máster of Science (MS) in Oral Medicine, Oral Surgery Implantology. USC.
PostGraduate Program In Periodontics. University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, MI. United States.
Doctoral Thesis (PhD). University of Santiago de Compostela.
Fellow of the European Board of Oral Surgery (EFOSS-BERLIN).
Fellowship and Diplomate of ICOI (International Congress of Oral Implantologists).
Clinical Assistant at Oral Medicine, Oral Surgery and Implantology Master Program (USC).
Jacobo Limeres Posse (Partner)
Jacobo Limeres Posse graduated in Dentistry at the Santiago de Compostela University (USC), gaining his PhD degree afterwards.
He was the Director of the Stomatology Department of the School of Medicine and Dentistry from 2014 to 2016 and currently he is vice Dean of the School of Medicine and Dentistry of the University of Santiago de Compostela. He coordinates the “Program for Dental care of severely handicapped patients” developed in the Special Needs Unit of the USC in collaboration with the Galician Healthcare Service. He is also co-director of the Postgraduate course “Master in Dentistry for Medically compromised patients” at the USC. He was the President of the Spanish Society of Dentistry for Handicapped and Special Needs Patients (2013-2017). He has written more than 70 peer-reviewed papers and co-authored several books.
Márcio Diniz Freirtas (Partner)
In 2005 he obtained a PhD with the Oral Medicine Department of the University of Santiago de Compostela (“Oral squamous cell carcinoma: Assessment of clinical, histological and inmunohistochemical prognostic predictors”).
Since 2010, he has been a member of the research group “Oral Medical-Surgical Research Group” at USC. The main interests of this group center on research of Oral Cancer and precancer.
In 2013 he joined the University of Santiago de Compostela as Associate Professor of Oral Surgery. Currently, he is Associate Professor at the Special Needs Unit in the School of Dentistry (USC).
Alberto Pispero (Associate)
He is currently PhD student at the Università degli Studi di Milano and member of the following scientific societies:
- Società Italiana di Patologia e Medicina Orale – SIPMO (Italian Society of Oral Medicine and Pathology)
- International Team for Implantology (ITI)
- International Accademy of Osteointegration (IAO) as active member
Giovanni Lodi (Partner)
He is currently
- associate professor with clinical duties of the Università degli Studi di Milano (2015-);
- honorary senior lecturer of the Department of Oral Medicine – Eastman Dental Institute-UCL London (2004-);
- member of the Steering Committee of the World Workshop on Oral Medicine (2011-);
- editor in chief of Dental Cadmos, the most widely read Italian dental journal (2011-);
- editor of the Cochrane Oral Health Review Group (2013-);
visiting professor at the Dental School of the Universidade Federal de Pernambuco – Brazil (2015-2018)
Jean-Cristophe Fricain (Partner)
He has supervised 10 Masters projects and 9 PhDs since 1998. He is a Member of the Executive Committee of the French Society for Oral Surgery and editor in chief of the Journal of Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine (Indexed via Scopus). He is author of 64 publications referenced in PubMed, 90 publications non referenced in PubMed, including textbooks, and more than 300 communications and lectures at dental and medical congresses alongside 3 international patents.
Sylvain Catros (Associate)
He is currently an Associate Professor in Oral Surgery at the University of Bordeaux Dental School, France. His clinical activities are focused in Oral Medicine and Oral Surgery.
Luis M. D. Martins da Silva
He holds numerous Directorship posts at CESPU and is an esteemed member on many professional societies focussing on dentistry and sleeping disorders. He is a renowned lecturer in physiology, invited to speak at many meetings to impart knowledge on sleep apnoea and other sleep disorders.
His work has been published multiple times in peer reviewed journals and he plays an active role in research, education and PhD supervision at CESPU.
Luís Silva Monteiro
- Dentist, licensed by the Instituto Superior de Ciências da Saúde Norte (ISCSN).
- PhD in Pathology from the University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
- Diploma in Oral Medicine by the European Association of Oral Medicine (EAOM).
- MSc in Oncology from the Abel Salazar Institute of Biomedical Sciences.
- European Master in Laser Applications in Odontostomatology, University of Parma, Italy.
- Assistant Professor at the University Institute of Health Sciences (IUCS) in Periodontal Surgical Clinic, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Biopathology.
- Dentist and trainee of the Stomatology and Dental Medicine Service of the São João Hospital Center – Pole of Valongo (Hospital Unit CESPU).
- Coordinator of the Postgraduate course in Medicine and Oral Pathology at IUCS, CESPU.
- Coordinator of the Postgraduate in Laser Applications in Dental Medicine at IUCS, CESPU.
- Member of the Board of the APMO (Portuguese Academy of Oral Medicine)
- Member of the Board of ALTEC (Association of Laser Therapy and Related Technologies)
- Private practice clinic of Oral Medicine and Oral Surgery.
Dr. Saman Warnakulasuriya
Saman Warnakulasuriya is emeritus Professor of Oral Medicine and Experimental Pathology at King’s College London. He is the Director of the WHO Collaborating Centre for Oral Cancer based in the UK. He is a global expert on the epidemiology and risk factors for oral cancer and has conducted demonstration studies on tobacco cessation both in primary care and in specialist clinics.
Dr. Raj Ariyaratnam
He has worked in primary, secondary and tertiary care sectors both in Sri Lanka and UK, initially graduated as a dentist and then specialised in Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine and also published scientific papers in International Journals in these areas. He has lectured in Oral Medicine and in Global Oral Health both nationally and internationally. He also has been invited as a guest speaker many times for regional and International Conferences. He has multifaceted expertise.
He has gained significant experience in Global Oral Health over the last five years. He has set up a CPD programme structure for dentists in a post conflict region, Jaffna, Sri Lanka to continuously update their knowledge and skill. He is now the International Lead and Coordinator for that programme. To sustain that learning activity he also has recently set up a Global Online Teaching and Learning platform called GOLF (Global Online Learning Forum) with the support of UOM and CMFT. This project is now connected to Dentists in Sri Lanka and Kenya.
He is also the founder of DentMan GOHF (Global Oral Health Forum), which is a platform where Manchester Global Oral Health Practitioners (students, staffs, alumnae) can share their experiences of global volunteering with others to inspire future volunteers. This project is also supported by University of Manchester and Central Manchester Foundation Trust.